Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Shroud of Turin



I saw the most amazing documentary on The Shroud of Turin on the History Channel. For many years they have studied the shroud and Christs image.  A group of scientist studied, and analyzed the image and shape to form the closest true face of Jesus. The pictures show from beginning to end the amazing transformation.

 



This is so amazing to see! The face of Jesus.  When He raised from the dead, the light of His resurrection exposed His image on the shroud.  I was so excited to see this on the History channel.

This is the image of his face raised so the features would be exposed. The scientist that where on this project has studied the shroud for 20 years. I am sure that is was a lot of hard work to study the shroud and a privilege.

The dark strips on the shroud was caused by a fire. There has been a lot of controversy about the shroud but it mostly points to the Risen Lord. 



We can see what computer graphics can do, it helped the image of Christ be revealed.


The bible says: If the plan and work of Jesus is of men, it will come to nothing: "but if it is from God, you can not overthrow it lest you even be found to fight against God."  Acts 5:38&39
 
This is possibly the closest real picture of what Jesus looked like. The technology we have today is amazing!

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a Son is given; and the government shall be on His shoulder, and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. 

This world is getting so confused and messed up right now; we really do need help!  I know I do!!  More of Jesus and less of me!  We need direction and self control.

The bible says that Jesus is God in the flesh.

Thank you God for your mercy and love to send Jesus to be the savior of this fallen world! I need Him, for I am a sinner and I need a savior! Jesus is the one and only, King of all kings! The redeemer of my soul.

God shows and clearly proves His love for us by the fact that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU JESUS! Thank you Beth for this blog! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU JESUS! Thank you Beth for this blog! God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete